03 August 2015

Wedding at The Basin, on Pittwater




The ferry wharf at The Basin
The marquee, beautifully styled and decorated by Julia and family members
When David and Julia contacted me and asked me to be their celebrant for their wedding at The Basin on Pittwater, I thought that it was a great idea, but also a big challenge for them to organise a ceremony and reception at the camping ground reserve there.

The only access to The Basin is by boat (or by quite a long bush walk) so the logistics of having about 80 guests for the wedding could have been a bit daunting.

Not for this couple...they have had many happy holidays in this lovely spot and that is why they chose it as the perfect spot to celebrate their commitment to each other in marriage and the joining of their families. They decided on a "blue" theme for their wedding and asked that all the guests (and me) wearing blue.

Julia and her daughters did a wonderful job of designing and decorating the ceremony space which was just stunning!

It was the happiest of family occasions and really was such a joy for me to be a part of the day. I loved my ferry ride from Palm Beach and back, and even met some of the guests on the ferry on the way there. Photographs all taken by guests.
 
David's daughter was the ring bearer
With this ring......
Married!

No comments:

Post a Comment